Also check out KTDB'S VLOG

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

10 Unconventional Ways To Get Rid Of "Stress" In 2015



I have been on a bit of a hiatus on my blog…wait for it…#KTDB. Yup, it’s a thing now; it’s hashtagged AND abrevied. I just decided to pursue other ventures like becoming an author, (and thank you to EVERYONE who supported that! It’s still out there so go get it), representing a musician who is going to change the world (eh hem Christy Paige), and realizing and becoming truth to myself. Yeah I know, super deep shit. 

However, I know, in all reality, no one reads things that aren’t in list form so I have learned to adapt. We all feel the sting of stress every day; and those who say they do not, well, mazel because you must be blessed by a Shaman or something. Whether it be money, or relationships, family, friends, old age, a broken Rolex, cooking the scallops too long or not having enough gigs on your phone; we’ve all been there. Now, you can’t say I never taught you anything because I have been through all of the above; except broken Rolex...all of mine work famously (baha).

All kidding aside here are 10 unconventional ways to alleviate the "stress" in our every day lives.

10) Breathe Deeply…THEN GET THE FUCK UP.  We get it, “woosaahhh” “Namaste” blah blah. Ok, I’m freakin’ out here man and you are telling me to breathe?! Well, yeah, because it does actually help. Screw all that other crap if you literally just calm down and take a hot second to breathe in and out. You will feel some of that stress go away. Hey, it’s a start.

9)  Get dressed up and go out on a weekday. Even if you have no one to go out with, just…do it. It is amazing how much better you feel just, like, ya know, taking a shower? In all reality we all feel more secure and comfortable when we are secure and comfortable with our physical appearance so why not get all fancy on a week night and have a glass of wine or a scotch at a local bar? If you don’t drink go see a movie or something. Once you feel like you can’t stop, won’t stop uh uh uh uh, then you will start to feel like yourself again. #itsgoinuponatuesday (lmk if I go too far on the hashtags or abrievs).

8) Watch Funny YouTube Videos: Have you seriously seen funny cat videos?  I was so anti-cat  vids until my ex boyfriend got me to actually sit and watch one until I almost peed my pants. If you want something to turn that frown upside down this will certainly do the trick. If you aren’t into cat vids or you’ve run out let me suggest the following:
            -“It is 91,000 damn degrees”
            - “Shit No One Says”
            -Darren Sharper: Hold Mah Dick”
            -Anything with Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timbkerlake

7) Rap/Flow. No, I don’t think I am a “Rap God” ; however what a spoon full of sugar this art form can be. If you don’t like doing it in front of anyone just put on Lil’ Wayne’s “3-Peat” Instrumental and take to the flow floor. You may surprise yourself! Saying what you are feeling in rap form makes it a hell of a lot easier than actually speaking and/or writing. You’re emotional but yet badass. Watch the stress disappear…yes? See how this works?

6) Drive Around. Take to the open road when you feel that wicked witch of the stress come about. Roll the windows down, put on your favorite jams and just drive. Even if you don’t have a destination it doesn’t matter. Take 15 minutes to just drive! Especially when you’re feeling alone and/or suffocated. It’s contradictory but just trust me on this one.

5) Take Stupid Online Quizzes. OF COURSE I want to know what my spirit animal is! I will find myself with stupid ass online quizzes that are like crack. I try to put it down but then I start itching and I can’t go to bed without knowing who my celeb husband is; cough cough Channing Tatum. This mind-numbing activity will actually take your mind off of reality. It won’t cure it, but at least you can rest easy knowing that your lucky number is 11 and your lucky color is DEFINITELY purple.

4) PUT THE PHONE DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM IT SLOWLY: This is self-explanatory. Whomever you are needing to talk to RIGHT NOW, probably doesn’t want to talk to you; OR they are busy following this list as well. Chances are, they've had a shitty, stressful day too so why add to the pile? Just, shhhh-shhhhhhhhhhhh.

3) Walk. Even if it is not far, walking can be very mind-freeing. Literally walk down to your car or across the street and back or around the block; take a second to use your limbs and senses. In case you missed it in second grade, trees create oxygen, which helps us, STAY ALIVE. Read a fucking book.

2) Learn Something…ANYTHING. Quite literally anything. A language, the reason squirrels like nuts; it doesn’t matter. You are taking your mind off of whatever you are dealing with and filling it with something of depth. Regardless of how trivial it may seem; it's knowledge, which is always, power. Refer to #3.

1)  Be Grateful.  I have found that during my time of deep stress, I will take a minute and say three things I am grateful for. If you really practice this, you will begin to realize the INCREDIBLE amount of beauty that surrounds you and that this temporary “ick”  feeling will be gone eventually. You can’t have rainbows without the rain!!!

Ya'll, life is beautiful so cherish every moment. Live, LAUGH and LOVE. Seriously... ;) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment