Wednesday, August 28, 2013
You Know You're a Dallasite When...
Oh Dallas. I have lived numerous places but there's something about Dallas I just can't get enough of. When I moved to NYC I felt like I was cheating on Dallas because I was only going back for holidays. We have our ups and downs but in the end Dallas has always been my main squeeze. I've seen a lot of "you know you're from Dallas" lists, however I'm not "from" Dallas so I came up with 25 reasons you know you're a Dallasite to really make people understand the awesomeness that is living in one of the best cities in the world. So without further adieu...
You know you're a Dallasite When...
1) You complain during summer and complain during winter...you're only happy in the fall and sometimes spring.
2) You will in fact drive 10 miles out of the way to go to an Eatzies.
3) You know to never get gas in uptown...however it's closer and easy so you do it anyway
4) You have a Happy Hour every night of the week and sometimes they turn into happy hour(s).
5) Someone invites you to go out in Las Colinas, Addison etc. and you look at them like they're crazy to ask such a question. Forget about Plano and Frisco.
6) You pack an overnight bag to go to Fort Worth...and that's only for special occasions.
7) Your friends that do live far use your house to kill time because they don't want to drive back to nowhereville.
8) You calculate your night out around when the stores stop selling booze.
9) You have brunch at 2 or 3 or 4:00pm
10) Katy Trail Icehouse....
11) It's not patio weather and you have no idea what to do with yourself on a Saturday.
12) Frankie's closed and you lost a little piece of your soul.
14) Your friends say "meet somewhere on McKinney" and you all go to the same place...no need to specify.
15) You've yelled at a cabbie at least twice...morons
16) You've cursed out the construction on 114 more than once
17) You go to great lengths to avoid 635 rush hour...even stay at work longer.
18) There's always one person in your group who HATES the bar everyone else wants to go.
19) You have strategic, special ops-like plans for OU Texas weekend, St. Patricks day and cinco de mayo.
20) During the summer, you find a pool...no matter what.
21) You still defend the Cowboys until the death.
22) You hold on to the Mavs Championship for dear life...(sorry still a Spurs fan)
23) You stand and wait until the walk sign flashes...even if there are no cars.
24) Even if valet is overpriced, you do it anyway...
25) No matter where you move or how far you'll always find yourself back in the big D....