Sunday, December 29, 2013
New Years Resolutions 20-30 Somethings Should Make and Actually Keep
1) Stop obsessing about, and/or posting pictures of yourself, working out. It is great to be healthy but balance your workout regimen and still treat yourself.
2) Do something nice randomly for someone every day...for 365 days. Even if it is as simple as holding a door open for someone.
3) Have a more open mind. We all have our beliefs and views on certain things; but try to learn why others have the beliefs and views they do. Be accepting of those as well.
4) Don't overcommit. At times, we all think we are superman and think we can take on anything that comes our way. If you honestly don't know if you can follow through, don't commit.
5) Say yes to something or someone you normally wouldn't. Take a chance on a guy/girl that may not be your type. Go to the movie you really don't care to see. Think outside the box
6) Don't keep settling for the job you can't stand. Don't ever quit a job without having another; however actively look for something you really want to do if you think you are at a dead in in your career.
7) Don't be scared of looking "crazy" or "creepy". If you like someone or you feel like you have been mistreated, tell them how you feel. Even if they are unresponsive; at least you said it.
8) Think before acting. If you are mad at someone or something, take a minute, write it out in an email but don't send it. limit your knee jerk reactions.
9) Stop concentrating so much on your social media. Remember back in the day when your self worth was determined by YOURSELF and not how many "friends" or "followers" you have?
10) Along the same lines, if out with friends PUT YOUR PHONE DOWN. I have a
"ratio" rule when out. If the percentage of people on their phones is greater than the ones that aren't; put the phones down.
11) Go out on a random weekday. It may be a work night, and you don't have to go balls to the wall; but work is stressful, why not grab a beverage with a friend after work on a Tuesday?
12) Limit complaining. If you don't like something going on in your life, fix it. Constantly complaining about it does nothing. Only you can control your happiness.
13) Be more empathetic. Put yourself in other's shoes this year, how would you feel in their situation? Try to relate and understand.
14) Stop overanalyzing. Sometimes situations are what they are. Take certain things at face value. If you are confused about something, ask.
15) If you have something on your mind...say it! Keeping things in will not only drive you crazy, it won't fix anything.
16) If you have a hobby or a passion, make time to really concentrate on it. Not only will it take your mind of your mundane job etc; you may also learn this could possibly be your lot in life.
17) Be considerate of other people. Help more, offer guidance, BE ON TIME. Value others just as much as you want them to value you.
18) Get involved in a charity you are passionate about.
19) Stop using the excuse, "Well that is just who he/she is" if someone is always a complete ass. "That is who they are" is NOT an excuse for being a crap person. Don't try to change them but don't be scared to call them out and tell someone the way they act is not ok.
20) Mend relationships that may be tattered. Whether it be a family member or an ex; try and fix whatever has caused a riff in the relationship.
21) Throw your grudges out the window. If you can't mend your relationships, just stop caring and let bygones be bygones.
22) Do not have expectations. to EXPECT something out of someone or something will 99.9% of the time let you down. Have hope, but ever expect.
23) Stop worrying about how you look to other people. Worry about how you look to YOU. Confidence is sexy, the ones who mind don't matter and the ones that matter don't mind.
24) Manage your money. Easier said than done I know.
25) Follow your dream. 2014 should be the year of the dream. If there has been something you have always wanted for yourself GO AND GET IT. Don't give up, fight to the death and believe in yourself.
Hope everyone has a fantastic 2014!!!!!