Also check out KTDB'S VLOG

Thursday, April 18, 2013

State of the Union...orrrr something like that


So as I am sitting here watching yet another tragedy unfold on the news; I notice myself screaming obscenities to an inanimate object. My cell phone is a piece of crap and isn't letting me call out. Seriously? This is my biggest issue today? I got to thinking about how people are so jaded by what they DON'T have they lose sight of what they do. I am happy, after 10am, healthy,debatably, and have wonderful people in my life, most of the time. Why am I complaining about a stupid cell phone I want to throw across the room then beat with a baseball bat? With everything that has happened in the world in the last few weeks I have realized that instead of letting AT&T control how my lovely Thursday turns out, I need to start focusing on how to switch to Verizon...kidding.

 I am making a promise to myself that I will do a good deed every day not for the sake of me feeling better about myself, that's what spray tans are for, but purely for the sake of appreciation of life. I have been very blessed in my life and I want to pay it forward. Even though I am a journalist, don't make a lot of money, single,  don't own the nicest "stuff" and have a bit of prison hair right now; I have never been happier. These people that have been involved in these terrible tragedies have lost everything. They would be glad to have a clean pair of draws let alone a POS Iphone 4.

 I understand we as a society are self-indulgent and sometimes others' needs are forgotten because of our own daily struggles. However, if we keep reminding ourselves every day that there is someone out there that has it worse and needs help; maybe it will bring us all back down to earth. We all have our daily battles whether it be a crap phone, a horrible boss, or the loss you suffered during your intense game of Call of Duty. We as people have to get back to being GOOD. It is really not that hard. So people of the world, try good out, see what happens. Since this blog is probably single-handedly going to create world peace...you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment